Provincial Legislation (Provincial NetLaw) from Sabinet, is a first for South Africa. This innovative concept, which provides users with a platform to access the country’s Provincial Legislation, Principal Acts, Rules and Regulations, is updated daily and contains the latest amendments and versions. Aside from giving users information which is applicable for today, it also provides the original versions of these Acts, Rules and Regulations as they appeared at different periods in history, since 1910.
Going back in history
The NetLaw App is not only beneficial for individuals who practice law, but also for students as well. Aside from providing reliable and up to date information on Provincial Legislation, it also allows people to search Sabinet’s extensive archives and go to a specific date or period in history (from 1910), and read up on the different laws which were in place at that time. This is an interesting feature as it allows students to see how certain Acts and Regulations have changed over the years and also view the different amendments which have been made.
Stay up to date with the free mobile NetLaw App
The free mobile NetLaw App, which is available for iPhones, allows you to easily access important information whenever you may need it. It also offers a range of other benefits as well, including:
- Users can personalise any content which they receive notifications about. This will make it easy for users to group information according to topic or client.
- The ability to use the app at any time, even when you are offline.
- Users will receive regular updates on information pertaining to the legislation.
- Sabinet users can add notes to different sections. This will make it easier for individuals to refer to specific information or details at a later date.
- Users will be able to directly share any content with others.
Image credit: http://newcastle.gov.za/by-laws/draft-by-laws/